Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
Zebra Eltron LP2824 or TLP2824 Installation Issues
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Zebra Eltron LP2824 or TLP2824 Installation Issues

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue May 08, 2007 12:00 pm

To install and setup the Zebra 2824 printers, you should do the following:

1. Install the appropriate Windows driver from the CD included with the printer. See the following forum posting: http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1721. RetailEdge should run and print the labels properly after following these directions.

2. The key to determining if RetailEdge will print the labels properly is to try printing one label. Preview the label before printing. If the Preview displays more than one label per page (two in the case of the 2-up), or if the label does not display as the correct label size (it looks like one label in the corner of an 8.5 x 11 sheet) then the labels will not print properly.

Note: If you are switching between two different label styles and one of those is the butterfly, then you will need to run the Wizard everytime you change labels. Otherwise, you only have to change the selected label style in RetailEdge. To run the Wizard edit the Properties of the installed 2824 driver, press the Printing Preferences button on the bottom of the General Tab. Then press the Wizard button at the bottom of the form.

The following information is no longer necessary. However, I am retaining this information just in case someone needs it because they are using older data or the procedures in Steps 1 and 2 do not allow you to print the labels properly.

3. In the Wizard you should do the following:

a. On the first screen, press Next.
    b. On the next screen, in the first field, Label Size, choose the appropriate size from the list.
      i. 1.20" x 0.85" - (3.05cm x 2.16cm) or,
      ii. 2.20" x 0.50" - (5.59cm x 1.27cm) (Butterfly Label) or,
      iii. 2.25" x 1.25" - (5.71cm x 3.18cm) or,
      iv. 1.18" x 1.00" - (3.00cm x 2.54cm) (The 2-up labels).
    4. Modify the label definitions if you are using ii, iii or iv above.

a. If you are using butterfly (jewelry, barbell) labels:

i. Press the Customize button for the Butterfly Labels,
      ii. Delete the value in the Paper Properties field in the upper right.
      iii. Type in Label 2.20 x 0.50 (Jewelry) and press OK. (The value must be typed in exactly as shown)
    b. If you are using 2.25 x 1.25 labels:
      i. Press the Customize button for the 2.25 x 1.25 labels,
      ii. Delete the value in the Paper Properties field in the upper right.
      iii. Type in Label 2.25 x 1.25 and press OK. (The value must be typed in exactly as shown)
    c. If you are using 1.18 x 1.00 (2-up) labels:
      i. Press the Customize button for the 1.18 x 1.00 (2-up) labels.
      ii. Change the Paper Width from 1.18 to 2.36.
    5. Complete the rest of the Wizard steps and set the following:
      i. Orientation = Landscape.
      ii. Unit of Measurement = Inches.
      iii. Dispense Mode = None.
      iv. Media Type= Direct or Thermal Transfer.
      v. If you are using Butterfy (Barbell) labels press the Use Label Marks. For all other label types, choose Use Label Gaps.
    6. Exit and restart RetailEdge to allow RetailEdge to recognize the new Label Properties.
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1