Have you ever wanted to copy information from an existing item into a new one but could not find the Copy button? Here’s how you do it.
- Display the Edit Purchase Order Items tab or Receiving List.
- Check the Quick Lookups checkbox on the bottom right hand side of the form.
- Press the Add button.
- Type in the Stock Number of an existing item. RetailEdge will perform an incremental search of the inventory while you are typing in the Stock Number. If an existing Stock Number or Item ID is found, RetailEdge will fill the screen with all of the item’s inventory information.
- Once the existing item information has been displayed on the screen, change the Stock Number.
- Make any changes to pricing etc.
- Press the Save button.
You have just created a new item in a fraction of the time it would take to create it from scratch.
- The Quick Lookups checkbox must be checked for this to work.
- When you change the Stock Number, the Item Information values on the right hand side will change to N/A. If they don’t you are editing the original item.
- Sometimes it is not desirable to have RetailEdge incrementally search for an item in your inventory. For instance if you are scanning in UPCs or using all-numeric stock numbers, RetailEdge can find an item that you might not want to copy information from. In this case you should uncheck the Quick Lookups checkbox.
- If you are copying the items to create size/color runs, you might want to consider using the Matrix feature. This will copy out many items at once based on the size/color you are receiving.
On addendum, when adding items to the receiving file, if you want to keep the items, you need to Update the Inventory from receiving. Items that are deleted from the receiving file that have not been sold or updated or modified in inventory will be actually deleted.