Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
When should I delete my Purchase Orders
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

When should I delete my Purchase Orders

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:36 am

When a purchase order is fully received, RetailEdge will automatically ask you if you would like to delete the purchase order. This has caused many people to ask the question "When should I delete my Purchase Order?"

This depends on what information you want to keep in RetailEdge and the nature of the purchase order. Purchase Orders can be created for many different reasons:

1. Simple Order from vendors.
    2. Template purchase orders to use for on-going ordering of the same inventory.
    3. Orders to facilitate multi-receiving sessions (see: http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1220)
    4. Adding negative items on a purchase order and receiving the order to account for items removed for reasons other than sales. (i.e., To track shrinkage or marketing).
    5. Special Orders for particular customers.

You may or may not want to delete these orders once they have been fully received. In addition there are some Purchase Order reports that are not available after a purchase order has been deleted (e.g., Purchase Order Summary by Payment Due Date). You might want to keep the purchase orders until you have run these reports or may want to go back to a particular purchase order after it has been received in full.

You can always delete the PO at a later date.
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1