The countdown to Black Friday has begun! With big box retailers in a flurry of discounts, promotions, and advertisements, how can your small business stand out on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday? RetailEdge is equipped with dozens of features to lift your business to the next level during these high-traffic shopping times. We’ll break down our features that are best suited for each of the shopping days mentioned above to make sure you know what you’re doing.
The crème de la crème of holiday shopping. Don’t just get people in your store, get people EXCITED to come into your store! Here are some tips for how to get the most out of RetailEdge during Black Friday:
- Discounts! — RetailEdge offers dozens of time-based discounts on inventory, brands, customers, manufacturers, prices, time-based, even location of customers (more on that later).
- Gift Cards! — Our Gift Cards are reloadable, reusable, and built in to RetailEdge so there are no transaction fees or costs of using them. We work with you directly so you know you’re working with people you trust. For more on gift cards, visit this blog to learn more about the process.
- Features! Features! Features! — We’ve got it all to help you rise above the big retailers and online giants. Here’s some of our favorite features on Black Friday:
2 .Built in Loyalty Programs
3. Gift receipts
5. Add-ons and Packages– Incentivize your clerks to sell more and package items together to speed up that checkout line!
Small Business Saturday
This is your time to shine! This day was made for our customer’s small to medium-sized businesses. Whether you have 1 location or 5+, Small Business Saturday is great for our retailers. You spoke, and we listened by creating special features geared towards community involvement and the theme of the day: Shopping local.
- Dollar donation Round-up: Pick a cause important to you or your city and let your customers round up to the nearest dollar to show their support! (Think local animal shelter, local youth sports teams, community park projects, etc.)
- Discounts based on location (think “Clark County residents get an extra 15% off!”)
- Customer Interest Tracking— Get instant customer purchase history as soon as a regular walks into your store
You can’t ignore any longer that consumers shop online during the holidays. In fact, In 2018, holiday shopping e-commerce is projected to increase by 16.6 percent compared to the previous year. (Statista.com)
RetailEdge has integrated with Shopify to give you an e-commerce platform to get the inventory of your brick and mortar store on the web and in front of more eyes! it’s cheaper than than you think and works seamlessly in RetailEdge. Some main points:
- Real time inventory quantity and pricing information
- Automatically import your Shopify sales into RetailEdge
- We integrate with ShipStation so your e-commerce platforms’ sales can be imported into RetailEdge
Don’t miss out on another online holiday shopping season and check out more on our Shopify integration HERE.
Still in the holiday spirit for more tips from RetailEdge? We have a few more write-ups for you!
- For tips on how to boost holiday sales with RetailEdge: Click here and here.
- Learn about our keyboard shortcuts to speed up checkout time and keep those long lines moving!
- Track sales based on Clerk for commission based sales or to see who is outperforming others!
If you have any questions or concerns during this easily stressful time for our retailers, please feel free to shoot us an email at either Sales or Technical Support. We also have our online forums where you can ask the RetailEdge community a question or you can search for key words and see if there’s a discussion going already!